Experience the Wadden Sea, the National Park and our world heritage from its most generous side! Since the Middle Ages, oysters have been scraped in the Wadden Sea, from 1759 they were packed and stored in the oyster warehouse at Kiers Gård in Højer before shipping, among other things. to the Russian court. In recent years, Pacific oysters have occupied the banks of the Wadden Sea.
Our experienced nature guides take you out to the oyster banks at low tide, where we pick all the oysters we can eat. Eating Pacific oysters straight from nature's pantry is an unforgettable experience. We also pick good oysters to take home to Højergård.
From the oyster banks it goes back to Højergård, where with a dedicated food guide you learn how to open, prepare and eat oysters in exciting and tasty ways in the kitchen or over an open fire. You are also welcome to take oysters home with you.
PROGRAM: (Times follow tide table)
- Welcome and introduction to Tøndermarsken and Højergård with coffee and sweets.
- Departure from Højergård by bus to salt meadow by the water.
- Picking oysters in the Wadden Sea - story and introduction by nature guide.
- Return to Højergård by bus.
- Oyster event with an experienced food guide, prepare and eat oysters in the kitchen at Højergård.
- Thanks for this time and see you again